For over 20 years, Dr. Jeffrey Meyers’ Omaha clinic has been offering effective and affordable chiropractic care, acupuncture, science-based nutritional counseling and other integrative healing therapies. And, he’d love to help you, too! Walk in and same day appointments welcome. Contact Back2Health Wellness Center today.
“Our mission at Back2Health, a leading Chiropractor Omaha wellness clinic, is to help you enjoy less pain and live life to the fullest.” Jeffrey Meyers, Doctor of Chiropractic Medicine
Does Chiropractic Care Work?
Does Acupuncture Really Work?
Yes! Acupuncture care is a well-proven, research-supported health science. And in our Omaha chiropractic practice, acupuncture techniques compliments the benefits of our other therapies perfectly.
Benefits of Nutritional Therapy
In our Omaha chiropractic office, we’ve seen that problems often show up in the blood long before any signs of illness. Certain tests, when read properly, may indicate if you are progressing toward a serious illness. Wouldn’t it be better to take care of these health and wellness problems before they become serious?
According to the World Health Organization, 1 in 20 adults experiences headaches daily (or almost daily).
The "good" news is that the frequency and severity of most headaches can be minimized or eliminated by addressing their root causes.
Lower Back Pain Treatment, Prevention and Relief
According to the National Institute of Health, lower back pain…
- • Is the leading cause of disability worldwide.
- • Consistently ranks as the #1 or #2 leading cause of work-related disability in America.(1)
- • Affects more than a quarter of adults in any given 3-month period.
If you suffer from occasional or chronic back pain, dull aches or sharp agony — you are certainly not alone. And, lower back pain continues to be even more common.
Factors that may quickly come to mind:
- Accidents and falls
- Sports injury
- Twisting ‘the wrong way’
- Even simple, fluke movements
Other possible contributors include:
- Poor posture (Less than half of us even consider our posture(6))
- Non-ergonomic workstation
- Diseases (like kidney stones, tumors, arthritis, blood clots and osteoporosis bone loss, for example.)
5 Ways to minimize or prevent problems:
- Are you at a healthy body weight? Not sure? Simply measure your height and weight and plug those numbers into this online BMI (Body Mass Indicator) tool. If you’re overweight, make a plan to bring your body weight into the healthy range.
- Many of us lead sedentary lives during the week and then turn into weekend warriors. While the intentions may be admirable, intense, infrequent activity may, in fact, put us at greater risk of sprains, strains and muscle pulls. A better approach is to engage in moderate physical activity on a daily basis. Low-impact aerobic exercises such as swimming and yoga wonderful ways to maintain joint, muscle and bone health as well as to prevent lower back injuries.
- Keep your childrens’ school backpack load under 20% of the child’s body weight.
- Lift and move objects properly and modify repetitive tasks. These steps alone would eliminate over 1/3 of all work related injury!
- Anxiety, depression, and stress may all contribute to muscle tension.
- Take regular breaks from the computer or your work station to stretch and loosen your shoulders, legs, neck and back muscles.
- During work breaks or lunch time, take short brisk walks to get your heart and muscles working and reduce stress.
Tips for relief
You’re probably aware of the current opioid addiction epidemic. Clearly painkillers are not a wise first-level treatment solution.
2 Safer, more natural solutions for lower back pain relief:
- Resist the temptation to "wait it out" and heal in bed. Studies suggest that too much bed rest may actually make matters worse.(3) Rather, engage in gentle stretching and try to carefully resume your normal activity as soon as possible.
- Consider seeing a chiropractor. On average, 66% of patients who sought chiropractic care for back pain reported "great benefit" from their treatments.(4) Omaha chiropractor Dr. Jeffrey Meyers can often help determine the cause of lower back pain problem and discuss the most appropriate resolution for immediate relief as well as long-term prevention. Studies suggest that patients who receive chiropractic spinal manipulation often experience significant low back pain relief.(5) (Learn more about spine manipulation and spine manipulative therapy.) Another safe, natural and research-supported alternative for treating lower back pain is acupuncture, care which is available at Dr. Meyers’ chiropractic office, as well.
Lower Back Pain causes, tips and chiropractic treatment sources:
Back2Health – Omaha Chiropractors Office Since 1996
Dr. Jeffrey Meyers utilizes a low force chiropractic technique that is very gentle yet specific which has helped many return to a much healthier state.
A fellow of the International Academy of Medical Acupuncturists, Dr. Meyers earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from the University of Nebraska and graduated Summa Cum Laude from Palmer College in Davenport, Iowa.
Post graduate certification training includes: Fellow International Academy of Medical Acupuncture, Certified Low-Speed Rear Impact Automobile Crash Reconstruction at the Center for Research into Automotive Safety and Health and Whiplash and Brain Injury Traumatology 2003.
His Omaha chiropractic office utilizes detailed lab testing and nutrition to help patients regain and maintain optimal health. Read about Dr. Jeffrey Meyers approach to chiropractic techniques and acupuncture care for treating work and sports related injury and back pain while helping to improve overall health and wellness.
Feedback for Jeffrey Meyers D.C. and Back2Health Chiropractic in Omaha, NE:
"I’ve suffered a lot of different team sports injury over the years and have tried different chiropractors, massage therapists and pain relievers… but those didn’t provide long lasting back pain relief. I was talking with another chiropractic patient of Dr. Jeff’s and he convinced me to schedule a visit. I was skeptical of chiropractors in general but Dr. Jeff’s chiropractic adjustments have helped relieve my back pain like nothing else I’ve tried. I try to pay his office a visit every time I’m in Omaha. (At some point, I may even try his acupuncture.)"
"Since seeing Dr. Jeff, the knee pain is gone (after just 3 weeks) and the hip pain is greatly reduced. I am able to walk, run, bend down, and sleep better. My energy level is greater due to healthier eating habits. Dr. Jeff recommended that I refrain from eating dairy and wheat products and I have seen a remarkable difference. I am able to sleep better, I have fewer sinus headaches, and joint pain has subsided."