For over 20 years, Dr. Jeffrey Meyers’ Omaha clinic has been offering effective and affordable chiropractic, acupuncture and other alternative wellness therapies. And, he would love to help you, too!
“Our mission at Back2Health chiropractic clinic in Omaha is to help you enjoy life to the fullest.” Dr. Jeffrey Meyers
Does Chiropractic Therapy Really Work?
Performed by an experienced, qualified Omaha chiropractor, chiropractic treatments are a natural, drug-free, highly effective wellness and total healthcare system.
Does Acupuncture Really Work?
Yes! Acupuncture is a well-proven, research-supported health science. And in our Omaha chiropractic practice, acupuncture compliments the benefits of our other therapies perfectly.
Benefits of Nutritional Therapy
In our Omaha chiropractic office, we’ve seen that many problems show up in the blood long before you actually show signs of illness. Certain tests, when read properly, may indicate if you are progressing toward a serious illness. Wouldn’t it be better to stop these health and wellness problems before they became serious? Learn the Health Benefits of Nutritional Therapy
According to the World Health Organization, 1 in 20 adults experiences headaches daily (or almost daily). And that comes as no surprise to us.
The "good" news is that the frequency and severity of most headaches can be minimized or eliminated completely by addressing their root causes. Read about Chiropractic Headache Pain Treatment Options
Lower Back Pain Treatment, Prevention and Relief
According to the National Institute of Health, lower back pain…
- • Is the leading cause of disability worldwide.
- • Consistently ranks as the #1 or #2 leading cause of work-related disability in America.(1)
- • Affects more than a quarter of adults in any given 3-month period.
So, whether you’re someone who suffers from occasional or chronic back pain, dull aches or sharp agony — you are certainly not alone. And, unfortunately, a 2010 study(2) found that the burden from lower back pain is getting even worse.
The many potential causes of lower back pain.
There are the obvious factors that may quickly come to mind:
- Accidents and falls
- Sports injury
- Even simple, fluke movements like bending to picking up a pencil
But there are also many factors we may not normally think of as causing or contributing to lower back pain:
- Poor posture
- Workstations that do not comply with good ergonomic design
- And even diseases like kidney stones, tumors, arthritis, blood clots and osteoporosis bone loss.
5 Ways to help minimize or prevent many instances of lower back problems:
- Are you at a healthy body weight? If you are not sure, a fast and easy indicator is to calculate your “body mass.” Simply measure your height and weight and plug those numbers into this online BMI calculator. If you find that you’re overweight, make a plan (perhaps with the assistance of your health care provider — depending on your age, fitness level and overall health) to bring your body weight into the healthy range.
- Are you physically fit? So many of us lead sedentary lives during the week and then turn into weekend warriors. While the intentions may be admirable, intense, infrequent activity may in fact contribute to lower back pains by putting us at greater risk of sprains, strains and muscle pulls. A better approach is to engage in moderate physical activity on a daily basis. Low-impact aerobic exercise is a wonderful way to maintain joint, muscle and bone health as well as to prevent lower back injuries and pain. Studies include yoga as a wonderful exercise for strengthening back muscles, improving posture and increasing flexibility.
- Do your children carry heavy backpacks to school? The latest recommendations are to keep the backpack load under 20% or the child’s body weight.
- Avoid excess strain by lifting and moving objects properly at home and work. And modify repetitive tasks, when possible. These steps alone would eliminate over 1/3 of all work related injury.
- How have you been feeling, mentally? Anxiety, depression, and stress may all contribute to muscle tension and lower back pain.
Options for relief from lower back pain
If you’ve been following the news, you’re probably aware of the current opioid addiction epidemic. Clearly painkillers are not a wise first-level pain management solution.
A couple safer and more natural solutions for immediate lower back pain relief include:
- Resist the temptation to "wait it out" and heal in bed. Studies suggest that too much bed rest may make back pain even worse.(3) Rather, engage in gentle stretching and try to carefully resume your normal activity as soon as possible.
- Consider seeing a chiropractor. On average, 66% of patients who sought chiropractic care for back pain reported "great benefit" from their treatments.(4) The office of Omaha chiropractor Dr. Jeffrey Meyers can often help determine the cause of lower back pain problem and discuss the most appropriate resolution for immediate relief as well as long-term prevention. Studies suggest that chiropractic spinal manipulation may often provide significant low back pain relief.(5) Another safe, natural and research-supported alternative for treating lower back pain is acupuncture, which is available at Dr. Meyers’ chiropractic office, as well.
Lower Back Pain causes, tips and chiropractic treatment sources:
Back2Health Chiropractors Care in Omaha Since 1996
Omaha chiropractor Jeffrey Meyers utilizes a low force technique that is very gentle yet specific which has helped many return to a much healthier state.
A fellow of the International Academy of Medical Acupuncturists, Dr. Meyers earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from the University of Nebraska and graduated Summa Cum Laude from Palmer College in Davenport, Iowa.
Post graduate certification training includes: Fellow International Academy of Medical Acupuncture, Certified Low-Speed Rear Impact Automobile Crash Reconstruction at the Center for Research into Automotive Safety and Health and Whiplash and Brain Injury Traumatology 2003.
His Omaha chiropractic office utilizes detailed lab testing and nutrition to help others regain and maintain their health. Read more about Dr. Jeffrey Meyers approach to chiropractic techniques and acupuncture care for treating work and sports related injury and back pain while helping to improve overall health and wellness. Visit us today.
Testimonials for Dr. Jeffrey Meyers, D.C.
Here’s what patients say about Jeffrey Meyers D.C. and Omaha’s Back2Health Chiropractic:
"Three years ago, I started seeing another chiropractor for convenience only. Big mistake. So, as I was thinking about my health issue, Dr. Meyers kept coming back to my mind. I made an appointment with Dr. Meyers and after the first session, my head pressure was gone. I now feel like myself again. My energy is back, and I can clearly think again."
Barbara J B
"I’ve suffered a lot of different sports injury over the years and tried different massage therapists and pain relievers… but those didn’t provide long lasting pain relief. I was talking with another chiropractic patient of Dr. Jeff’s and he convinced me to schedule a visit. I was skeptical of chiropractors in general but Dr. Jeff’s chiropractic adjustments have helped relieve my back pain like nothing else I’ve tried. I try to pay him a visit every time I’m in Omaha. (At some point, I may even try his acupuncture.)"
"Since I have been seeing Dr. Jeff, the knee pain is completely gone (after just 3 weeks) and the hip pain is greatly reduced. I am able to walk, run, bend down, and sleep better. My energy level is greater due to healthier eating habits. Dr. Jeff recommended that I refrain from eating dairy and wheat products and I have seen a remarkable difference. I am able to sleep better, I have fewer sinus headaches, and joint pain has subsided.
I would strongly recommend anyone with arthritis issues to see Dr. Jeff Meyers."