For over 20 years, Dr. Jeffrey Meyers has been offering effective and affordable alternative and traditional healing therapies. And, he would love to help you, too!
Can Chiropractic Therapy Help Me?
Performed by an experienced, qualified chiropractor, chiropractic treatments are a natural, drug-free, highly effective healthcare system.
Read more about our chiropractic Services
Does Acupuncture Really Work?
Yes! Acupuncture is a well-proven, research-supported health science. And in our chiropractic practice, acupuncture compliments the benefits of our other therapies perfectly.
Learn more about the Benefits of Acupuncture
Benefits of Nutritional Therapy
In our Omaha office, we’ve seen that many problems show up in the blood long before you actually show signs of illness. Certain tests, when read properly, may indicate if you are progressing toward a serious illness. Wouldn’t it be better to stop these problems before they became serious? Learn the Benefits of Nutritional Therapy
According to the World Health Organization, 1 in 20 adults experiences headaches daily (or almost daily). And that comes as no surprise to us.
The "good" news is that the frequency and severity of most headaches can be minimized or eliminated completely by addressing their root causes. Read about Chiropractic Headache Treatment Options
Lower Back Pain Prevention, Treatment and Relief
According to the National Institute of Health, lower back pain…
- Is the leading cause of disability worldwide.
- Consistently ranks as the #1 or #2 leading cause of work-related disability in America.(1)
- Affects more than a quarter of adults in any given 3-month period.
So, whether you’re someone who suffers from occasional or chronic back pain, dull aches or sharp agony — you are certainly not alone. And, unfortunately, a 2010 study(2) found that the burden from lower back pain is getting even worse.
The many potential causes of lower back pain.
There are the obvious factors that may quickly come to mind:
- Accidents and falls
- Sports injuries
- Overexertion, such as working in the garden or scooping snow
- Even simple, fluke movements like bending to picking up a pencil
But there are also many factors we may not normally think of as causing or contributing to lower back pain:
- Poor posture
- Workstations that do not comply with good ergonomic design
- And even diseases like kidney stones, tumors, arthritis, blood clots and osteoporosis bone loss.
2 Ways to help minimize or prevent many instances of lower back problems:
- Are you at a healthy body weight? If you are not sure, a fast and easy indicator is to calculate your "body mass." Simply measure your height and weight and plug those numbers into this online BMI calculator. If you find that you’re overweight, make a plan (perhaps with the assistance of your health care provider — depending on your age, fitness level and overall health) to bring your body weight into the healthy range.
- Are you physically fit? So many of us lead sedentary lives during the week and then turn into weekend warriors. While the intentions may be admirable, intense, infrequent activity may in fact contribute to lower back pains by putting us at greater risk of sprains, strains and muscle pulls. A better approach is to engage in moderate physical activity on a daily basis. Low-impact aerobic exercise is a wonderful way to maintain joint, muscle and bone health as well as to prevent lower back injuries and pain. Studies include yoga as a wonderful exercise for strengthening back muscles, improving posture and increasing flexibility.
- Do your children carry heavy backpacks to school? The latest recommendations are to keep the backpack load under 20% or the child’s body weight.
- How have you been feeling, mentally? Anxiety, depression, and stress may all contribute to muscle tension and lower back pain.
Options for relief from lower back pain
If you’ve been following the news, you’re probably aware of the current opioid addiction epidemic. Clearly painkillers are not a wise first-level pain management solution.
A couple safer and more natural solutions for immediate lower back pain relief include:
- Resist the temptation to "wait it out" and heal in bed. Studies suggest that too much bed rest may make back pain even worse.(3) Rather, engage in gentle stretching and try to carefully resume your normal activity as soon as possible.
- Consider seeing a chiropractor. The office of Omaha chiropractor Dr. Jeffrey Meyers can often help determine the cause of lower back pain problem and discuss the most appropriate resolution for immediate relief as well as long-term prevention. Studies suggest that chiropractic spinal manipulation may often provide significant low back pain relief.(4) Another safe, natural and research-supported alternative for treating lower back pain is acupuncture, which is available at Dr. Meyers’ office as well.
Lower Back Pain causes, tips and chiropractic treatment sources:
About Back2Health Chiropractic in Omaha
Omaha chiropractor Dr. Jeffrey Meyers utilizes a low force technique that is very gentle yet specific which has helped many return to a much healthier state.
A fellow of the International Academy of Medical Acupuncturists, Dr. Meyers has studied Nutrition in Hawaii, Denver, Kansas City, Missouri among others. His Omaha office utilizes detailed lab testing and nutrition to help others regain and maintain their health. Learn more about Dr. Jeffrey Meyers
Testimonials for Dr. Jeffrey Meyers, D.C.
Hear what clients have to say about Jeffrey Meyers D.C. and the Back2Health support team:
I would recommend Dr. Meyers to anyone who has given up hope for healing. His treatments exceeded my expectations, to which I am very grateful for. Looking back, I don’t know what I would have done without his treatments.
Sincerely, Bob Read Additional Comments